NANA Regional Corporation Software Engineer II JAVA in Suffolk, Virginia
Software Engineer II JAVA
RiverTech provides full-spectrum communications, information technology (IT), network operations, video teleconferencing (VTC), audiovisual, multimedia, and Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence,Surveillance,and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) services and solutions to Department of Defense, Federal Government agencies, and the commercial sector.
Today’s battlespace is complex, global, and constantly evolving. It demands all theaters—space, maritime, ground and cyber—converge to provide real time support to the Warfighter anywhere on the planet. These are the challenges unifying and driving the engineering, business process and project management personnel at RiverTech.
Our space situational awareness and satellite surveillance services protect and defend sea, land, air and space operations and their personnel. And our systems and engineering support teams ensure maritime mobility, safety and cyber security.
Providing the talent, tools, and technologies to ensure exceptional performance in today’s most demanding and strategically critical global environments. This is RiverTech.
Our Software Engineer will provide software development services for U.S. Coast Guard Command Control and Communications Engineering Center’s (C3CEN’s) multi-server production system. The incumbent performs a variety of programming assignments requiring knowledge of established programming procedures and data processing, with a focus on Geospatial Information data systems (GIS), Service OrientedDesign and programming principles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop code in Java (J2EE) framework within an Object-Oriented paradigm with inheritance and code reusability
- Ensure all code is checked in and out of the Version Control System (VCS) (Git exp. preferred)
- Develop test applications for system data validation and testing (test-driven development exp. preferred)
-Update and enhance existing interfaces and system services to provide greater usability and productivity of supported applications
-Assist other developers to perform subsystem definition, preliminary and detailed design, design implementation, subsystem and system integration, and tests for a subsystem
-Participate in various reviews including: software requirements, preliminary and critical design, integration readiness, and software acceptance
- Update and maintain documentation for software and database installation and testing
- Track all system related trouble calls and resolutions using provided helpdesk tracking system
- Assist with system testing and evaluation on all software, hardware and database related changes
- Performs other duties as assigned
Basic Mandatory Qualifications:
- Requires 5 years minimum software development in Java
- Experience with database driven applications using MySQL
- Experience with REST/SOAP web services
US Citizen with ability to pass a background check.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field desired
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Experience with WSO2 integration, development, and support
- Experience with ArcGIS, ArcSDE and Geospatial Information Systems
- Experience with VISIO
- Experience with OZONE Widget Framework (OWF)
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery (Jenkins, SonarQube, Nexus)
- Experience with Test DrivenDevelopment
- Experience with complex event processing (CEP) software
- Experience working in scrum environment
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: US-VA-Suffolk
Shift: Day Job
Req ID: RIV00304