NANA Regional Corporation Network Administrator (NIB Sierra) in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Network Administrator (NIB Sierra)
RiverTech is a small business serving Department of Defense and federal civilian agencies focused on space and maritime operations, C4IM, and C4ISR. RiverTech is dedicated to providing exceptional performance in strategically critical environments.
Today’s battlespace is complex, global, and constantly evolving. It demands all theaters—space, maritime, ground and cyber—converge to provide real time support to the Warfighter anywhere on the planet. These are the challenges unifying and driving the engineering, business process and project management personnel at RiverTech.
Our space situational awareness and satellite surveillance services protect and defend sea, land, air and space operations and their personnel. And our systems and engineering support teams ensure maritime mobility, safety and cyber security.
Network Administrator is a member of a multi-functional team providing Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Information Management (C4IM), and Information Technology Support Services (ITSS) services in support of the Network Enterprise Center (NEC) Information Technology Support Services (ITSS) Contract at Fort Carson, CO.
RiverTech is a small business serving Department of Defense and federal civilian agencies focused on space and maritime operations, C4IM, and C4ISR. RiverTech is dedicated to providing exceptional performance in strategically critical environments.Today’s battlespace is complex, global, and constantly evolving. It demands all theaters—space, maritime, ground and cyber—converge to provide real time support to the Warfighter anywhere on the planet. These are the challenges unifying and driving the engineering, business process and project management personnel at RiverTech.Our space situational awareness and satellite surveillance services protect and defend sea, land, air and space operations and their personnel. And our systems and engineering support teams ensure maritime mobility, safety and cyber security.Network Administratoris a member of a multi-functional team providing Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Information Management (C4IM), and Information Technology Support Services (ITSS) services in support of the Network Enterprise Center (NEC) Information Technology Support Services (ITSS) Contract at Fort Carson, CO.
Operational and functional tasks include:
Operating and maintaining NIPRNET and SIPRNET network architecture for C4IM classification domains
Installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and fine-tuning components; installing and maintaining operational capability and security standards on network management systems
Performing functions test of systems components to identify and resolve technical problems, analyzing system malfunctions, implementing necessary corrective actions, and providing ongoing support for the resolution of complex problems and operating malfunction
Preparing operations and metrics reports, and documentation.
Standard administrative tasks include individual time, timesheet, leave, and training completion; performance management; compliance with customer organization and company standards; performing other tasks as assigned and demonstrating proficiency, accuracy and attention to detail in assigned duties.
Works under the general supervision of the NEC ITSS Fort Carson Project Manager.
Analyzes LAN utilization statistics through data collection and performance measures of classified and
Operates and maintains the network architecture for both Non-Secure Internet Protocol Router Network
(NIPRNET) and Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNET) C4IM classification domains.
Installs, maintains, troubleshoots, and fine-tunes components such as switches, routers, encryption
devices, 802.11 controller, antennas and access points, 802.16 antennas, firewalls, and Virtual Private
Network (VPN) concentrators within the overall network connectivity. Operates and maintains the Layer 3
and Layer 2 environment with knowledge of Cisco, Juniper, Aruba, Air Fortress and TACLANE operating
Installs and maintains operational capability and security standards on network management systems to
include CA Spectrum, CA E-Health, CA NetQoS, BMC BladeLogic Network Automation, Cisco Prime,
Cisco Secure Access Control Server/Identity Services Engine, Cisco Wide Area Application Services
(WAAS), NetScout InfiniStream, Cisco Wireless Control System and other related NMS operating
Tests network systems to ensure current network software products are compatible with system
configurations and to ensure operability, efficiency, and compliance with existing standards.
Monitors operation of the WLAN, LAN and WAN, ensuring hardware and network operating software are
functioning properly and that operational standards are met.
Performs function tests of systems components to identify and resolve technical problems, analyzes
system malfunctions, implements necessary corrective actions, and provides ongoing support for the
resolution of complex problems and operating malfunction.
Performs system backups to ensure expedient restoration of the database for the respective network
Configures, monitors, and provides network installation, configuration, application patching, operation and
maintenance, and application hardening according to DoD security directives.
Develops documentation to assist the government with best business practice and standard operating
procedures for supported technologies and system deployments.
Complies with plans, policies, standards, infrastructures, and architectures of DOD and DA IT
Management and IT programs.
Performs and maintains security remediation, IAVAs, STIG requirements etc. with all IAVAs, STIGs, etc.,
to be considered high priorities and completed within timelines assigned.
Reviews, validates information, and performs corrections if needed for all checklists and controls referring
to CCRI and RMF semi-annually.
Configures, troubleshoots, and analyzes technologies such as BGP, OSPF, MPLS/VPLS, spanning tree
protocols e.g.; MSTP, RSTP, 802.1x, 802.11, 802.16, VPN, DMVPN, SDN, VRRP/HSRP, WAN
Acceleration, QoS, VoIP, VTC and similar network technologies. (Refer to Attachment 4 for acronym list).
Provides or extends network connectivity within the guidelines of the Command, Control, Communications, Computer, and Information Management (C4IM) Services, to a location within Fort Carson RNEC and LNECs.
Adheres to Customer-defined work order request/trouble ticketing process requiring assignment through the AESD ticketing system; work order request/trouble ticket completion volume requirement is/averages approximately 90 work orders/trouble tickets per month; project completion volume requirement is/averages 10 to 30 projects per month. All network projects are to be completed by the suspense date assigned on the ticket.
Prepares operations and metrics reports and associated documentation.
Provides on-site support primarily during standard business hours and/or contractually mandated core hours from 0600-1800 hours, Monday through Friday; provides occasional support outside of core business hours.
Education and Years of Experience.
- BA/BS in Information Technology field and 4 years or relevant experience (without BA/BS substitute 4 years relevant experience).
- No less than 2 years current experience in the performance of computer systems support in a secure operating environment.
- No less than 2 years current experience providing systems administration support with elevated permissions.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Knowledge of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS) for Operating Systems and Applications desired.
- Understanding of PKI desired.
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II Certification.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Certification.
- Ability to perform duties in the Department of Defense’s (DOD) classified and unclassified environments including JWICS, SIPRNET, and NIPRNET.
- Working knowledge and use of the windows command prompt; ability to conduct standard troubleshooting activities with the command prompt, such as group policy updates, address resolution, and directory navigation.
- Knowledge and competency in the identification, assessment and troubleshooting of computer system components including motherboards, memory, mass storage interfaces, and BIOS firmware.
- Ability to configure Microsoft Office product components (including MS Outlook, and MS Lync) given exchange parameters for DoD enterprise mail; able to configure and perform email configuration and maintenance including the creation and management of .OST and .PST.
- Understanding and ability to map shared network drives to the end users workstation.
- Solid understanding of computer networks (LANs, net connections and IP) including common ports and protocols.
- Understanding of the Public Key Infrastructure; willingness and ability to know how to produce, issue, and manage SIPRNET PKI tokens to authorized users.
- High level of problem solving skills and the ability to recommend and implement alternative set-up and/or operations for complex systems.
- Detail-oriented and possesses the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to provide incident and after action reports and analysis.
- Excellent customer service skills and professional presence. Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to read, speak and effectively communicate in the English language.
- Solid work ethic.
- CompTIA A Certification
- CompTIA Network Certification
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Certification
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Certification
- Familiarity with DOD mission-critical web applications such as Defense Connect Online (DCO)
- Familiarity of system management in an enterprise cloud environment
- SECRET Clearance
- Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions audio-visual equipment weighing up to 75 lbs
- Frequently bends, kneels and crouches during computer system equipment troubleshooting, maintenance, assembly/disassembly, installation/de-installation, and sustainment.
- May be required to drive vehicle if needed to perform tasks at Fort Carson, OK
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at email@example.com or 571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: US-CO-Colorado Springs
Shift: Day Job
Req ID: RIV00303