NANA Regional Corporation Technical Writer and Editor in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Title Technical Writer and Editor
Job Number 334BR
Location Albuquerque, NM
Employment Type Full-Time
Job Family Communications and Marketing
Company Overview AIS is actively seeking individuals who can contribute to national security within the science, technology, and engineering fields as part of our supplemental labor team at vital federal research and development installations supporting the Department of Energy. AIS has an established history of contributing to the success of their customer’s mission. Available employment opportunities may range from administrative and logistical support to advanced technical positions.
Job Summary Creates, develops, plans, writes, and edits operational, instructional, maintenance, or test procedures for paper, multimedia, or web-based publication. Gathers and translates technical information into manuals and web-based documents. Works with writers and researchers to improve the general quality and effectiveness of communications
Job Specifications We are seeking several Technical Writers and Editors to support various departments at Sandia National Laboratories.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
• Write, edit, or rewrite, either as original concepts or under direction, technical articles, publications, manuals, presentations, and other materials to communicate clearly and effectively technical procedures, research findings, technical developments, and other news and information to a wide range of internal or external audiences.
• Acquire or verify subject knowledge by Interviewing subjects; observing experiments or production; and referring to blueprints, sketches, engineering drawings, and journals, rewrites of articles, bulletins, manuals, or similar publications.
• Interpret and administer documentation and communication policies and procedures.
• Exercise quality control over documents intended for external distribution.
• Provide line technical writing support.
• May execute documentation configuration management. May serve as classified or unclassified review officials, as certified.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, competing priorities. Ability to model behaviors that reflect Sandia National laboratories' core values. Knowledge of standard theories, principles, and practices of technical editing and science writing. Experience and demonstrated skill in technical writing and editing. Demonstrated project management knowledge and experience coordinating publication projects, Including establishing and maintaining budgets and schedules, and experience juggling the demands of multiple work priorities and working effectively under pressure. Knowledge of Sandia and U.S Department of Energy and Department of Defense publication policies, practices, and procedures, including copyright laws. Experience conducting research, investigating, and analyzing alternative solutions, and recommending solutions to problems. Knowledge of Sandia's programmatic directions and requirements. May
have working or specialized knowledge of Sandia's science and technology. May possess cross-disciplinary skills in developing communication products, including graphic design, website development and administration, and databases
Minimum Qualifications (Required) Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline plus entry level experience (up to two years); or master's degree in relevant discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired)
• Upwards to five or more years of technical writing and editing experience with relevant degree.
• Expertise in the use of the Microsoft Office suite (including Word, Excel,and PowerPoint).
• Experience In the use of Share Point, Visio, Project, and Documentation repositories.
• Experience working with DOE, DoD, other government agencies, or in a Work for Others environment.
• Knowledge of standard theories, principles, and practices of technical editing and science writing.
• Ability to understand complex technical information and translate it into easily understood documents.
• Demonstrated self-motivation and reliable work habits.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, coordination, and customer service skills.
• Evidence of success in team environments, producing deliverables with short lead times, working independently, with minimal supervision, and effectively managing sensitive information and classified matter.
• Active US DOE Q security clearance.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify the Human Resources Department
Anticipated Contract Duration 2-3 years
Removal Date 14-Feb-2019