NANA Regional Corporation Technical Business Development Specialist in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Title Technical Business Development Specialist
Job Number 351BR
Location Albuquerque, NM
Employment Type Full-Time
Job Family Business Development
Company Overview AIS is actively seeking individuals who can contribute to national security within the science, technology, and engineering fields as part of our supplemental labor team at vital federal research and development installations supporting the Department of Energy. AIS has an established history of contributing to the success of their customer’s mission. Available employment opportunities may range from administrative and logistical support to advanced technical positions.
Job Summary Executes a continuum of business development functions to develop Sandia National laboratories programs and support the execution of mission and research strategies. Combines technical knowledge and business acumen to support Sandia entitles such as strategic management units (SMU),research foundations, and divisions in the development and execution of business and partnership strategies. Supports business development functions utilizing market research, competitive intelligence, strategic business plans, marketing plans, engagement and capture plans, intellectual property management and deployment, sponsor interface, proposal development, and negotiation of technology partnership agreements. Advances federal or non-federal partnerships through innovative policies and best business practices and creates new models for institutional partnerships, which may lead to public-private partnerships or programs.
Job Specifications Collaborates with SMU, program, and line management and interacts directly with other federal agency sponsors or non-federal entities, including industry, universities, and state, local, or foreign governments to develop and maintain Sandia programs and partnerships, including communicating U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Agency requirements. Develops and deploys strategies and business development plans in collaboration with, and as advisor to, Sandia entities. Establishes, directs, and coordinates communications plans, sponsor and partner engagement and capture plans, and marketing plans. Identifies and evaluates mission opportunities for further Sandia engagement, develops technical value propositions, and develops and supports execution of engagement and capture plans. Keeps informed about developments in government, economic, scientific, and other fields related to SMU and program mission objectives. Manages proposal development, compiles and drafts technical and partnership elements of proposals, and facilitates administrative requirements. Drafts, negotiates, executes, and monitors partnership agreements and ensures that agreements meet business objectives as well as policy and regulatory requirements. Works with federal organizations to advance legal and regulatory partnership frameworks. Develops public and private partnerships to support Sandia's Missions and U.S. economic competitiveness.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Formulate technical business development plans, goals, and objectives for technology programs and implement these as part of a team
• Advise technical management on technology/product directions based on a combination of technical knowledge, competitive intelligence and industry/market experience
• Guide management through the capture planning process
• Foster internal/external partner relationships and engage with potential stakeholders, primarily in the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community
• Develop, implement and drive strategic initiatives for maximum national security impact
• Support Sandia technical organizations to select partners for maturing/commercializing technology applications for national security needs
Minimum Qualifications (Required) Bachelor's degree plus 2 years' relevant experience
• Experience with business development
• Experience with customer relationship management techniques
• Experience working as a part of a team to win programs
• Experience with state-of-the-art management of technology, marketing and sales tools and processes
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DoE Q clearance
Preferred Qualifications (Desired) Experience with customer retention related to such agencies as the DOD and the intelligence community.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify the Human Resources Department
Anticipated Contract Duration 2-3 years
Removal Date 29-Dec-2018