NANA Regional Corporation Systems Administrator III (Storage Administrator)-TS/SCI required in Ft. Belvoir, Virginia
Systems Administrator III (Storage Administrator)-TS/SCI required
Lynxnet is as an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC) and SBA 8(a) disadvantaged company dedicated to and accountable for providing our customers superior, integrated engineering services and technology solutions. Our highly qualified personnel work at strategic levels with you and your key people to ensure that these technology solutions are always aligned with your business processes and desired program outcomes. And we drive affordability across your system’s entire lifecycle ensuring that you always obtain from Lynxnet the very best value for your technology investment. Careers@lynxnetllc.com
The Systems Administrator III (SAN Administrator) is a member of a multi-functional team providing Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Information Management (C4IM) services in support of the United States Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) headquartered at Fort Belvoir, VA. Operational and functional tasks include providing storage management support using tools, processes, and policies to manage and administer global and local enterprise storage systems to sustain and enhance the capabilities of the infrastructure. Support media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services. This should include support for INSCOM, 1st Information and Operations Command (1st IO CMD), and Army Cyber (ARCYBER) storage requirements. Design, install, configure, upgrade and administer global enterprise Network Area Storage (NAS)/Storage Area Network (SAN) systems to sustain and enhance the capabilities of the NAS/SAN infrastructure and keep all systems within IA compliance. Ensure data integrity within the NAS/SAN storage infrastructure by evaluating, implementing and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions. Conduct scheduled backups of the site's data on all networks in accordance with the unit's operational and business requirements. Manage disk and tape media using accepted practices for retention, cost savings and policy requirements. This effort includes the management and operations of the site’s Storage Area Network (SAN) and/or Network-Attached Storage (NAS) (as appropriate) and replication of off-site data IAW unit SOPs.
Standard administrative tasks include individual time, timesheet, leave, and training completion; performance management; compliance with customer organization and company standards; performing other tasks as assigned and demonstrating proficiency, accuracy and attention to detail in assigned duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works under the supervision of the HQI-C4IM Systems Integration Lead and in direct support of government and contractor staff.
- Generally applies broad technical skills to address and administer the Enterprise Storage Area Network.
- Responsible for evaluating, administering, documenting, implementing, testing, maintaining, operating, removing, upgrading Storage Area Network tools and technologies.
- Provides planning support for implementing all Government-approved and Government-mandated releases, updates, patches, and STIGs to SAN infrastructure systems as necessary to meet system performance and security requirements.
- Responds to user requests for technical assistance and trouble tickets using the BMC ITSM Remedy application.
- Provides support for data backup and recovery (Veritas 7.x); facilitate Continuity of Operations (COOP) support as required.
- Manage high performance tape and disk libraries across all networks; responsible for tape and disk retentions, rotation and monthly offsite management.
- Applies best practices and establishes procedures in order to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of SAN systems and ensures compliance with security standards.
- Assists in the development of documents and artifacts to facilitate traceability of work activities and problem resolution; produces, updates, and applies technical work instructions (WI), standard operating procedures (SOP) and checklists to assure quality and consistently deliver results.
- Provides on-site support primarily during standard business hours and/or contractually mandated core hours (some 8 hour period between the hours of 0600-1800 hours), Monday through Friday; provides occasional support outside of core business hours.
Education and Years of Experience
- BA/BS in Information Technology field (or substitute 6-8 years relevant experience)
- No less than 5 years of experience in Information Technology systems and/or network administration.
- No less than 5 years of experience in Network Area Storage/Storage Area Network administration and support.
- Knowledge of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS) for systems and databases and applications.
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II certification such as CompTIA Security .
- Ability to perform duties in the Department of Defense’s (DOD) classified and unclassified environments including JWICS, SIPRNET, and NIPRNET.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of MS Active Directory as well as other systems/network administration tools.
- Working knowledge of fiber channel SAN technology (3PAR, VNX, Netapp), including blade/storage arrays.
- High level of problem-solving skills and the ability to recommend and implement alternative set-up and/or operations for complex systems.
- Understanding of various SAN protocols including iSCSI, FCOE, DAS and InfiniBand.
- Detail-oriented and possesses the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to provide incident and after action reports and analysis.
- Excellent customer service skills and professional presence; strong oral and written communication skills; ability to read, speak and effectively communicate in the English language.
- Solid work ethic.
- Possesses a CompTIA Storage Certification, CompTIA Network Certification, HP 3PAR StorServe Certification or Symantec Netbackup Administrator Certification.
- Working knowledge of MS Windows Server 2012, and/or SQL Server 2008.
- Possesses a working knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library v3 (ITIL).
- Solid understanding of computer networks (LANs, net connections and IP) including common ports and protocols.
- Working knowledge and use of the windows command prompt; ability to conduct standard troubleshooting activities with the command prompt, such as group policy updates, address resolution, and directory navigation.
- U.S. Citizen
- TOP SECRET Clearance with Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) and shall be eligible for indoctrination to the Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Level at start date.
- Ability to frequently lift, carry or otherwise move and position computer/network equipment weighing up to 25 lbs
- May be required to drive vehicle if needed to perform tasks at satellite facilities in the National Capital Region (NCR).
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: US-VA-Ft. Belvoir
Shift: Day Job
Req ID: LYN00914