NANA Regional Corporation Computer Support Specialist III (ARCYBER)-TS/SCI required in Ft. Belvoir, Virginia
Computer Support Specialist III (ARCYBER)-TS/SCI required
Lynxnet is as an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC) and SBA 8(a) disadvantaged company dedicated to and accountable for providing our customers superior, integrated engineering services and technology solutions. Our highly qualified personnel work at strategic levels with you and your key people to ensure that these technology solutions are always aligned with your business processes and desired program outcomes. And we drive affordability across your system’s entire lifecycle ensuring that you always obtain from Lynxnet the very best value for your technology investment. Careers@lynxnetllc.com
The Computer Support Specialist is a member of a multi-functional team providing Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Information Management (C4IM) services in support of the U.S Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) headquartered at Fort Belvoir, VA. Operational and functional tasks include receiving work orders, understanding customer needs, and providing desk-side computer support, including hardware and software assistance, to end users in support; responding to user calls/trouble reports and personally visiting users to troubleshoot the nature of the issue and take the necessary course of action to resolve issues on computer systems operating across multiple classification domains; escalating issues, where needed, to Tier II and Tier III services in order to quickly resolve technical problems; performing systems administration activities to include application management, accounts and active directory services; providing client and end-user training; performing scheduled and preventive maintenance on computer systems; enforcing authentication and security policies at the system level.
Standard administrative tasks include individual time, timesheet, leave, and training completion; performance management; compliance with customer organization and company standards; performing other tasks as assigned and demonstrating proficiency, accuracy and attention to detail in assigned duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works under the general supervision of the HQI-C4IM Systems Integration Team Lead
- Generally applies broad technical skills to address computer system issues and quickly restore mission-critical services.
- Responsible for evaluating, designing, documenting, implementing, testing, maintaining, operating, removing, upgrading, and modifying computer systems and peripherals for ARCYBER G-6.
- Responds to user requests for technical assistance and trouble tickets using a ticket management system such as BMC Remedy.
- Provides end-user support for account management, email and file permissions; installs and provides basic support for approved software in a MS Windows network operating environment.
- Performs systems administration services leveraging tools such as Windows Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, and Microsoft SharePoint
- Applies best practices and establishes procedures in order to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of computer systems and ensures compliance with security standards.
- Assists in the development of documents and artifacts to facilitate traceability of work activities and problem resolution; produces, updates, and applies technical work instructions (WI), standard operating procedures (SOP) and checklists to assure quality and consistently deliver results.
- Provides on-site support primarily during standard business hours and/or contractually mandated core hours from 0600-1800 hours, Monday through Friday; provides occasional support outside of core business hours.
Education and Years of Experience
- BA/BS in Information Technology field (or substitute 4-8 years relevant experience)
- No less than 5 years of experience in Information Technology systems and/or network administration.
- 2 years current experience in the performance of computer systems support in a secure operating environment.
- Knowledge of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS) for systems and databases and applications.
- Working understanding of PKI desired.
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II certification such as CompTIA Security
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties in the Department of Defense’s (DOD) classified and unclassified environments including JWICS, SIPRNET, and NIPRNET.
- Working knowledge and use of the windows PowerShell; ability to conduct standard troubleshooting activities with PowerShell, such as group policy updates, address resolution, and directory navigation.
- Demonstrated ability to use of Windows Remote Desktop.
- Working knowledge and competency in the identification, assessment and troubleshooting of computer system components including motherboards, memory, mass storage interfaces, and BIOS firmware.
- Demonstrated ability to configure Microsoft Office product components (including MS Outlook, and MS Lync) given exchange parameters for DoD enterprise mail; able to configure and perform email configuration and maintenance including the creation and management of .OST and .PST.
- Working understanding and ability to map shared network drives to the end users workstation.
- Demonstrated understanding of computer networks (LANs, net connections and IP) including common ports and protocols.
- Demonstrated high level of problem solving skills and the ability to recommend and implement alternative set-up and/or operations for complex systems.
- Detail-oriented and possesses the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Working ability to provide incident and after action reports and analysis.
- Working ability to read, speak and effectively communicate in the English language.
- U.S. Citizen TOP SECRET Clearance with Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) and shall be eligible for indoctrination to the Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Level at start date
- Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions audio-visual equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently bends, kneels and crouches during computer system equipment troubleshooting, maintenance, assembly/disassembly, installation/de-installation, and sustainment.
- May be required to drive vehicle if needed to perform tasks at satellite facilities in the National Capital Region (NCR).
- HQ INSCOM, 8825 Beulah Street, Fort Belvoir, VA 22060
- CompTIA A Certification
- CompTIA Network Certification
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Certification
- Working familiarity with DOD mission-critical web applications such as Defense Connect Online (DCO)
- Working familiarity of system management in an enterprise cloud environment
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at email@example.com or 571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: US-VA-Ft. Belvoir
Shift: Day Job
Req ID: LYN00913