NANA Regional Corporation Aircraft Mechanic in Colorado Springs, Colorado
ATS providesa full spectrum of air operations support services at numerous Army and AirForce installations, including fuel management, aircraft maintenance, airfieldsupport, ground equipment maintenance, transportation, material management,warehousing and distribution, and procurement services.
Are youlooking to be a part of a team that your knowledge and experience will make adifference and your expertise is greatly valued? If so, apply today!
1. Services, repairs, and overhauls aircraft and aircraftengines to ensure airworthiness.
2. Repairs, replaces, and rebuilds aircraft structures, suchas wings and fuselage, and functional components including rigging, surface controls,and plumbing and hydraulic units, using hand tools, power tools, machines, andequipment such as shears, sheet metal brake, welding equipment, rivet gun, anddrills.
3. Reads and interprets manufacturers' and airline'smaintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determinefeasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damagedcomponents.
4. Examines engines for cracked cylinders and oil leaks, andlistens to operating engine to detect and diagnose malfunctions, such assticking or burnt valves.
5. Inspects turbine blades to detect cracks or breaks.
6. Tests engine operation, using testing equipment, such asignition analyzer, compression checker, distributor timer, and ammeter, tolocate source of malfunction.
7. Replaces or repairs worn or damaged components, such ascarburetors, alternators, and magnetos, using hand tools, gauges, and testingequipment.
8. Removes engine from aircraft, using hoist or forklifttruck.
9. Disassembles and inspects parts for wear, warping, orother defects.
10. Repairs or replaces defective engine parts andreassembles and installs engine in aircraft.
11. Adjusts, repairs, or replaces electrical wiring systemand aircraft accessories.
12. Performs miscellaneous duties to service aircraft,including flushing crankcase, cleaning screens, greasing moving parts, andchecking brakes.
13. Required to be licensed by Federal AviationAdministration with current Airframe and Powerplant license.
14. Service engines and airframe components at line stationmaking repairs, short of overhaul, required to keep aircraft in safe operatingcondition.
15. Specialize in work, repair and modification ofstructural, precision, and functional spare parts and assemblies.
16. Perform routine inspections such as; 50 and 100 hourinspections, assist or lead annual inspections, perform EMMA A-E inspections,meeting provided deadlines.
17. Ability to test run and taxi aircraft during busyairport operations.
18. Troubleshoot and repair deficiencies reported byaircrew.
19. Ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams andschematics.
20. Able to perform simple to complex compositerepairs.
Individual MUST possess an FAA Airframe and Powerplant license and at least 5 years’ of experience with aircraft.
PT6 and/ or DHC-6 Twin Otter Experience
Candidate should have a thorough understanding of FAA regulations and Commuter Aircraft maintenance programs.
It is desirable for the candidate to have experience with USAF 781 series forms and USAF maintenance programs such as AFI 21-101.
The candidate must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays and must be able to deploy with the operating customer out of state several times during the year.
The candidate must have their own tools and be willing to comply with USAF tool control programs.
Experience in aircraft marshalling and line servicing operations is a plus as well as holding an Inspection Authorization (IA).
Candidate must be able to stand, bend, reach, sit and walk for extended periods of time.
Candidate must be willing to work in adverse weather.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are Equal Opportunity Employers. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-353-7053. The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance. Please do not use the dedicated phone number above to call on the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.
Job: Installation, Maintenance & Repair
Primary Location: US-CO-Colorado Springs
Shift: Day Job
Req ID: ATS00583