NANA Regional Corporation Fire Alarm System Mechanic in Augusta, Georgia
Fire Alarm System Mechanic
AGS specializes in compliant, innovative, and efficient detention management, health services, and records and document management services. AGS safeguards some of the most demanding missions facing key federal agencies including the Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. Air Force.
Under general supervision maintains, repairs and modifies moderately complex electronics equipment such as, Fire Alarm Systems, Emergency Lighting systems, Radio Transmitters and Network Based Reporting Systems.
1) Disassembles equipment, cleans, lubricates, and tests for mechanical or electrical effects. Repairs or replaces parts to correct functional deficiency.
2) Reassembles repaired component and tests for proper function within required specifications.
3) Disassembles malfunctioning systems; examines and tests mechanism and circuitry for defects. Troubleshoots equipment in or out of system and replaces or repairs defective parts.
4) Works as a team member in the installation, repair, and maintenance of alarm and system by performing more simple and routine tasks such as identifying, checking, and connecting power and signal cables, replacing defective parts and assemblies or monitoring system operation by following operating and testing procedures for the system and associated test equipment.
5) Identifies and reports improper operating indications via computer based software and/or hardware systems. Inspects systems periodically and makes necessary calibration and adjustments to ensure functioning within specified standards.
6) Prepares and implements preventive maintenance procedures.
Performs other related duties as required
Responsible for conforming to all safe work practices and procedures
High school graduate or equivalent (either a G.E.D. or three years of work experience that demonstrates the ability to write, read and comprehend written instructional documents, perform common mathematical tasks and to communicate effectively).
Two years' progressive experience in a specific, electronic maintenance field.
Must be a graduate of a related two‑year resident course at a technical institute or the equivalent. Two years' technical experience may be substituted for each year of formal
Must be able to read and comprehend technical manuals and publications to interpret specifications, tolerance limits, troubleshooting and repair techniques for hardware and software based systems.
Must possess a NICET Level 1 Certification for Fire Alarm Systems or be able to obtain within 90 days of employment.
Must possess a valid state driver's license.
Must possess or be eligible to receive a security clearance for access to material up to and including SECRET, if required.
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at email@example.com or 571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.
Job: Maintenance & Repair
Primary Location: US-GA-Augusta
Shift: Day Job
Req ID: AGS00534