NANA Regional Corporation Field Engineer in Anchorage, Alaska
Lynxnet is an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC) and SBA 8(a) disadvantaged business providing proven and dependable system modernization services and IT program support. Our team is committed to satisfying our customer’s requirements by applying quality subject matter expertise and innovative technical solutions to every project through continual process improvement. Whatever the job may be, the Lynxnet Team will tailor each operation to ensure mission accomplishment, security, reliability and flexibility. With our ISO 9001:2008 certified Quality Management System, our clients can rest assured that they are working with a company that meets the highest criteria of a globally recognized industry standard. email@example.com
Provide electronic system support to the U.S. Coast Guard’s Rescue 21 Alaska, Vessel Traffic Service, and National
Automated Identification System (NAIS) in Alaska. The desired candidate will support CG assets in the Juneau area, and
remote sites throughout the state of Alaska. This position may also be assigned occasional duty in other areas of Alaska
to cover leaves of absence or to assist in project work.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on USCG equipment and facilities.
- Provide written documentation/updates as required. This includes, but is not limited to- PM reports, CM ticket updates,
inventory tracking/updates and reports, FRACAS reports, After Action reports, etc.
- Communicate any site conditions that effect or have the potential to effect site operations immediately to team project
- Communicate and coordinate with managers, technicians, customers, and 3rd party contractors to eliminate or minimize
downtime of any/all operational assets.
- Assist other team members in daily activities and projects.
- Perform daily health checks of sites/equipment.
- Provide documentation related to routine work requirements, including but not limited to- expense reports, travel
vouchers, safety training, etc.
- As an Integrated Systems Technician, you must have excellent communication and problem-solving skills, be a
collaborative and respectful team player and take initiative in keeping current with network configuration and industry
- Provide on call response to both local and remote equipment.
- Work with a team during spring/fall to conduct maintenance trips to mountain-top communication sites.
- Maintain control and inventory of CG and company owned test equipment, materials, and other assets.
- Provide reports/status updates on all activities/projects.
- US Citizen Must be able to obtain or maintain an Active Secret Clearance
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Valid US Driver’s License
- Must be able to pass a drug test prior to employment
- Minimum of Associates in Electronics Technology or equivalent military education
- Minimum four years’ experience (within the last six years) demonstrated in the following disciplines: analog/digital
telecom; digital point to point microwave; HF/VHF radios; remote hybrid power systems and marine radar
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA)
- Must exhibit high degree of interpersonal skills.
- Experience in data communications, RF / Microwave / Telecom.
- Experience with industry electronic test equipment (IFR / Anritsu / Midtronics / Bird / Rohde & Schwarz)
- Knowledge of engine generators, Solid Oxide Fuel Cells, solar charging systems, battery power systems, and cabling.
- Excellent organizational skills and verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be self-starter; communicative
- Able to read and interpret schematics.
- Work involves occasional travel to remote, mountaintop locations and harsh environments. Overnight stays may be
- Ability to travel up to30% Climbing harness and associated rigging gear, safety glasses, hard hat provided in part by
client as well as assistance with steel-toed boots dependent on Agreement
- Proficiency with laptop computers using Microsoft operating systems, serial, and network communication.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be willing/able to fly in helicopters and work in extreme conditions.
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.
Job: Installation, Maintenance & Repair
Primary Location: US-AK-Anchorage
Shift: Day Job
Req ID: AKI03489